The governors agree whilst the Pupil Premium Grant should, and must, prioritise both the well-being and achievement of Disadvantaged pupils, the benefits of resources and the schools services should, wherever possible, extend to embrace other pupils, many of whom are also vulnerable. The provision & impact through the Pupil Premium grant is continuously monitored by the Senior Management team of the school, who are supported by the Governing Body through a shared dedicated moral commitment. We acknowledge, all Leaders, Governors, Teachers and their Support Staff, are collectively accountable for improving both the outcomes and the opportunities, for pupils entitled to Pupil Premium.
Message from Peter Ede Governor responsible for Pupil Premium
Pupil Premium spend for 2016-2017
Our Pupil Premium funding for this academic year (2016-2017) was £41,000 and we have spent £44,000 on supporting our Pupil Premium pupils.
How can I benefit from the Pupil Premium Grant?
The Pupil Premium Grant is ring fenced by the school so that children and families directly benefit from this money. We have high aspirations for all our children and believe every child should be given the same opportunities as their peers, not just academically, but in all aspects of school life. There should be no limit on a child’s potential. We want to truly embed into our practice the equality of opportunity for all pupils. As a school, we offer many benefits to help raise attainment and ensure all children are treated equally to their peers. We believe that it is not about where you come from, but your passion for knowledge, and we are determined to ensure that all our children are given every chance to realise their full potential.
For 2016-2017 the Pupil Premium Grant is:
- £1320 per child on Free School Meals (FSM) who are in Year groups between Reception and Year 6 (or have been in receipt of Free School Meals during the last 6 years)
- £300 for children of Service families
- £1900 for Looked After Children (LAC) defined in the Children Act 1989 as one who is in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, an English local authority
- £1900 for children who have ceased to be looked after by a local authority in England and Wales because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order
Schools have the freedom to spend Pupil Premium funding in the way they think will best benefit individual children. The funding is allocated to a range of initiatives aimed at supporting more disadvantaged pupils, to ensure they benefit from the same opportunities as all other children and to ensure that they reach their full potential. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
How do I know if my child is eligible for Pupil Premium funding?
Children who have been eligible for FSM in the last six years are identified by the Department for Education via the January School Census each year. Pupil Premium funding is then allocated to the school to support these children.
In addition, children who have been looked after in care continuously for more than one day will also attract Pupil Premium funding.
Children whose parents are in the Armed Forces also attract Pupil Premium funding of £300. All these children must be in full time education (FTE).
We assure parents and children that all matters regarding the use of this special funding are treated with discretion and in confidence.
Do I qualify for Free School Meals?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If you think you may qualify for this extra support please contact our School Business Manager, Howard Beveridge.
Email: email@example.com Phone: 01494 713159